02. United Club San Diego
03. United Airlines first class San Diego to San Francisco
04. United Club San Francisco
05. ANA business class San Francisco to Tokyo
06. ANA arrivals lounge Tokyo
07. ANA economy class Tokyo to Hiroshima
08. ANA economy class Hiroshima to Tokyo
09. ANA business lounge Tokyo Narita
10. ANA business class Tokyo to San Francisco
11. United Airlines first class San Francisco to San Diego
Now that I’ve had the chance to experience both the British Airways lounge at LHR, as well as the new United Club at SAN, I was really looking forward to seeing the United Club in San Francisco. Upon arrival at SFO, my wife and I excitedly made our way over to the international terminal to have a look.
The exterior looked grand and sophisticated, which only heightened our excitement. We were promptly checked in and we made our way down a small corridor and up an escalator to the main area.
In less than an instant, we were unimpressed. It was dark, gloomy, and not very cozy looking. Worst of all, the place was a zoo. It was packed to the gills, and we had to search high and low for somewhere to sit. We actually considered giving up and retreating back out to the main departure area instead.
We were a bit hungry however, so we grabbed a bagel and some juice. We eventually found a place to sit and ended up staying for about an hour and a half – mostly because other international flights were departing and many were leaving.
Slightly disappointing experience here, but that was overshadowed by the fact that we were about to experience ANA business class for the first time!