01. Introduction: San Diego to London and Stockholm on British Airways
02. British Airways Club World (business class) San Diego to London
03. British Airways Club Europe (business class) London to Stockholm
04. A lazy day in Stockholm, Sweden
05. RadissonBlu SkyCity Arlanda Airport
06. British Airways Club Europe (business class) Stockholm to London
07. British Airways Club World (business class) London to San Diego
Stockholm, Sweden (ARN) – London, England (LHR)
Tuesday, June 18 2013
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Seat: 3F (business)
Having a hotel room at Sky City made my 7am flight back to LHR easy. I woke up just after 5am and took my time packing and getting ready. After that, it was a short stroll over to the check-in kiosk to get my boarding passes and I was on my way. Getting through security was a breeze, which left me some time to grab an orange juice and an apple before heading to the gate.
Since it was such a nice morning in Stockholm (and also because I was so early for my flight), I decided to pass the time taking a few pics. Here’s some of what I saw that morning from the terminal windows:
The terminal layout at Stockholm Arlanda is a bit strange. There are two levels of departure gates, which I’ve never seen at any other airport. My British Airways flight to London would be departing from upstairs, but there wasn’t much point in going up there too early, because it is a very small space and there aren’t any shops or restaurants to browse that would help pass the time. I ended up staying downstairs until about 10 minutes prior to boarding.
They boarded the flight right on time, and were on our way exactly as scheduled. The views departing out of ARN were really nice.
I ended up sleeping for most of this flight, staying awake only to have a full breakfast of eggs, sausage, and potatoes. A bit heavy for my preferences, but it didn’t leave me hungry. Sorry, no pics. Trust me…you’re not missing much.