01. Introduction: San Diego to Belize on American Airlines and Maya Island Air
02. American Airlines economy class San Diego to Dallas
03. American Airlines economy class Dallas to West Palm Beach
04. American Airlines economy class Miami to Belize City
05. Maya Island Air Belize City to Dangriga
06. One week on a private island off the coast of Belize
07. Maya Island Air Dangriga to Belize City
08. American Airlines economy class Belize City to Dallas
09. American Airlines economy class Dallas to San Diego
Maya Island Air
Belize City, Belize (BZE) – Dangriga, Belize (DGA)
Saturday, April 20 2013
Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan
Now this is a flight that I was looking forward to! I’ve never been on a little airplane such as the Cessna Grand Caravan before so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I’ve heard quite a few horror stories with references to uncontrolled vomiting and severe nausea from being bumped around so much, but that didn’t really stop me from being highly curious about it all.
BZE is an open airport with no jetways, so you have to walk out of the terminal building an onto the ramp to board any airplane here. I took my time as they announced boarding for our flight, and stayed back to take as many pictures as I could without looking too much like a geek – as well as attracting the wrong kind of attention from security. Once aboard, I took a seat in the very last row (there is no assigned seating).
The flight time to DGA was a short 15 minutes, and I’m happy to report that my fears of vomiting uncontrollably were unfounded. Yes, it was bumpy, but overall the experience was was loud, fun, and very scenic. I loved every minute of it!
How the heck am I able to fly in business class all the time?
Subscribe to my mailing list and and I'll share with you a detailed list of the top 5 tools that I use which allows me to fly in international business class all the time at a greatly reduced cost!
Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email - a confirmation link has just been sent to you and your subscription will not be active (and the free report not available) until you click that link.
Something went wrong.