01. Introduction: San Diego to Belize on American Airlines and Maya Island Air
02. American Airlines economy class San Diego to Dallas
03. American Airlines economy class Dallas to West Palm Beach
04. American Airlines economy class Miami to Belize City
05. Maya Island Air Belize City to Dangriga
06. One week on a private island off the coast of Belize
07. Maya Island Air Dangriga to Belize City
08. American Airlines economy class Belize City to Dallas
09. American Airlines economy class Dallas to San Diego
Dallas, TX (DFW) – West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
Friday, April 19 2013
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Seat: 22F (economy)
I only had about an hour and a half of a layover in DFW, and being that it was lunch time, I wasted no time in scarfing down lunch before my next flight. HUGE thanks to my wife for packing a sack lunch for me, so I didn’t have to spend an obscene amount of money on airport food! Yeah, she’s great. 🙂
And since this was the first time at DFW in…well…seems like forever, I also wanted to explore a bit. But you know what? It looked exactly like I remembered it from the last time. Seriously – walking into this airport was like taking a trip straight back to the late 1990’s. The air train sections are new (and nice) though, so there is that.
Boarding was called right on time, and I was aboard within minutes. It was a totally uneventful flight, so I’m not going to bore you with the details. I will say, however, that flying into PBI is always like coming “home” to me since my parents live in West Palm Beach. I’ve flown in an out of there countless times over the past 10 years, and this time was just like any other. Big puffy clouds on the approach, and oppressive heat upon landing. Welcome to south Florida!
Go Behind the Scenes with SANspotter!
Subscribe to my mailing list and get trip updates and exclusive travel tips I don't post to the blog - delivered straight to your email inbox!
Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email - a confirmation link has just been sent to you and your subscription will not be active until you click that link.
Something went wrong.